Bored at home?
Here are 8 quarantine date night ideas!
I know this is hard but this is our current reality. The entire U.S is in quarantine and that leaves us having to get creative with our time at home.
If you’re reading this and you are a bride or a couple that has been affected by COVID-19 and you had to reschedule or postpone your wedding, my heart is truly with you. Country wide I know there are so many couples that are mourning right now that their wedding can no longer be held (at least during the next few weeks and maybe even months) and as a wedding vendor I can tell you we are all just as sad as you are. Our wish is that you are able to find a new date that works for your venue and all of your vendors!
As promised here are my 8 quarantine date night ideas!
This blog post is for you if you’re spending time at home with your fiancé (or boyfriend) and you’re like what the heck do we do now? my hope is that some of these fun and inexpensive date night ideas keep a smile on your face (:
1.TWISTER – OH MY GOSH YES! when is the last time you played twister? probably like elementary or middle school right? I know for me personally it’s been forever! you can order your twister game on https://www.amazon.com/ plan for a night where you and your honey can cook up a nice dinner (steak, mashed potatoes, veggies, and don’t forget the VINO 🍷) create a fun Spotify playlist and get your game on! I mean I will say.. this may lead to extra hugs and kisses but that’s never a bad thing right? (:
2. BACKYARD CAMP OUT – This is a really easy idea if you already own a tent. If you don’t try searching online for a small inexpensive tent. You can choose to spend the whole night in your backyard..completely up to you! or you can spend some quality time together inside of your tent. I’d recommend doing this after dinner as well. Bring out your favorite snacks, drinks, and card games! OR if you’re not into card games maybe bring your laptop and watch a new movie together. If you don’t have a cute little lantern like you see in the movies no problem! flip over your phone and put that flashlight our iphones have to use. The idea is to get out of your house while still being safe and abiding by our current U.S wide recommendations. So what better than to be in your backyard but change up the scenery by hanging out inside of a tent!
3. TIK TOK TUTORIALS – OKAY hang with me here! I know.. I know..you’re like really Jackie TIKTOK? I’m 30+ that’s exactly what I thought too. Don’t judge the app if you haven’t spent at least a few minutes on the app 😉 it’s absolutely hilarious! it really is an entertaining app. One of my favorite hashtags to follow are the dance hashtags! you wouldn’t believe how many couples are on the app dancing together and trying to follow tutorials. This is a really fun way to loosen up and to bring the giggles out!
4. MAKE PIZZA TOGETHER – yum! who doesn’t love pizza? I know in our household we LOVE pizza! I want to encourage you to open up your Pinterest app and find 2-3 different types of pizza’s you’d like to try. You can make mini pizza’s for the both of you but with different toppings! this keeps the experience fun and exciting. Go for a recipe you haven’t tried before or try a new topping. The key here is to try something new together. If you do this please post it on IG stories and tag me (: I’d love to see what you come up with!
5. SIP AND PAINT – I’m sure by now we all have at least one person in our life that we know who has personally gone to a fancy sip and paint. These classes are usually held inside a building near downtown cities with upwards to 20-30 people. You have an artist who also happens to be your art teacher. You are given instructions and a painting to paint yourself all while drinking WINE! seriously how fun is that? whoever invented this idea is a genius. Can you tell by now that I love wine? lol. okay so what you want to do is either find a tutorial on Youtube or Pinterest. With youtube I’m sure you can find actual artists and teachers creating free content for painting 101. Grab your favorite wine (mine is cabernet) and begin your sip and paint experience IN HOME! genius right? don’t forget to create a fun music playlist!
6. CHOCOLATE FONDUE NIGHT – This can be really simple, fun, and tasty! to begin here is an easy chocolate fondue recipe you can try at home https://smartinthekitchen.com/2017/12/chocolate-fondue/ next up you’ll want to decide what items you want dipped in your chocolate fondue. Here are a list of dipping items you can use
- Marshmallows (Regular & Coconut)
- Pretzels Sticks (small)
- Rice Crispy Treats
- Mini Cream Puffs (frozen)
- Angel Food Cake (cubed)
- Peanut brittle
7. SOLVE A PUZZLE – I mean a BIG puzzle. Don’t choose a small easy puzzle. Choose something that will challenge the both of you. Or better yet buy two of the same puzzles and compete with each other. Who’s up for a little friendly competition? I know personally my husband would love this idea. He LOVES a good competition and hates losing lol. The winner get’s an extra slice of pizza for dinner that you made the night before 😉
8. DATE NIGHT IN A BOX – I saved the BEST for last! Date Night In a Box is a subscription company that delivers a fun date night experience in every box. Each date includes several interactive activities, accessories for ambiance to set the mood, high quality snacks or mixers, chef curated dinner menu’s and recipes. Another genius idea right? this company has great reviews, a large community and following on social media, AND they are still delivering during our quarantine. This is a great option if you didn’t really resonate with any of the options I gave you earlier in this blog post. This takes any guessing work out of the game and this means you don’t have to leave your home either. Your experience is delivered to you!
My hope is that this blog post was helpful and fun! I know it’s extremely challenging being quarantined. We live in a society where we are so used to being on the go-go-go and it’s hard for us to slow down. Being forced by this virus to spend 24/7 quality time with our loved one at home isn’t actually a bad idea in my opinion. It’s just difficult to stay busy and creative with our time! We are human and we get bored.. and run out of fun ideas. So I created this blog post with you in mind! if you try any of these 8 quarantine date night ideas please let me know! (:
If you’re ready to see a pretty engagement check out this San Diego Engagement session
Want to see a recent wedding? check out this fall wedding!
If you want to reach out to me and want to chat about wedding photography
for your 2021 wedding please contact me here: Contact Jackie